My child has received a Choice/Magnet offer letter, and I would like to know about transportation eligibility.
Items marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
SUBMISSION OF THIS FORM DOES NOT ENSURE STUDENT’S ELIGIBILITY FOR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
Eligible students' bus stop assignments will be made with the residential address on record in the student information system. If there are changes to your address, please report them to your school.
PLEASE BE ADVISED OF THE FOLLOWING TRANSPORTATION STANDARDS:
- All students who live within two miles of a school including magnet schools (and elementary, K-5, students that do not face a state approved hazard) may be required to walk to the closest school for a pick-up and drop-off.
- Kindergarten students must have an older sibling enrolled at the same school to be eligible for Magnet Transportation.
- Parents may not send notes to school with approval for a magnet student to ride a different bus to or from school with a friend. Issues of family hardship or extreme emergencies will be handled on an individual basis by the School and Transportation Department.
- Bus stops must correspond with the residential address of record.
- Magnet/Choice students will not be authorized to ride separate buses for shared-custody divorce situations.
- Students must ride the same bus to and from school.